- “There would be no production out of [ANWR] for at least 7 years.” -Sen. Jeff Bingaman (D-N.M.)
- “Oil extracted from [ANWR] would not reach refineries for seven to ten years.” -Sen. Maria Cantwell (D-WA)
- “No oil will flow from ANWR…until from 7 to 10 years from now.” -Sen. John Kerry (D-MA)
- “Oil exploration in ANWR will not actually start producing oil for as many as 10 years.” -Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA)
- “Even if we started drilling [in ANWR] tomorrow, the first barrel of crude oil would not make it to the market for at least 10 years.” -Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-MI)
The president’s continued refusal to expand domestic energy production, which would be an economic boon and raise significant federal revenue without hiking taxes, recently made Heritage’s list of the administration’s ten worst energy policy decisions.
Meanwhile, the excuses offered in opposition to an energy policy that values domestic fossil fuel production look thinner by the day.
Tags: drilling for oil, ANWAR, Alaska, 10 years ago, democrats blocked drilling, To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to America's Best Choice. Thanks!