January 19, 2012

ICYMI: Allen West: I'd Step Up to Vice-Presidential Plate if Asked to Run

U.S. Rep. Allen West, who generally has deflected suggestions that he could be a vice-presidential candidate, now is saying he would “step up to the plate” if asked.

Allen, West, vice, presidentThe freshman Florida Republican and tea party favorite took that swing at pitches from three constituents at a town hall meeting, according to The Palm Beach Post.

In answer to the voters’ written questions at the meeting, West said: "If people come to me and ask me to continue to serve my country in a higher capacity, I'm not going to say no. It would be an incredible privilege and honor. I doubt that I'm on anybody's list.

“Thank you for asking and if it came to fruition, yeah, I'd step up to the plate," West said, drawing applause, the Post reported.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Rep. Allen West: I'd Step Up to Vice-Presidential Plate if Asked to Run   Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

Tags: Allen West, VP Candidate, Florida To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to America's Best Choice. Thanks!

5 comments:

Gail Wittman-Tenzer said...

I could really get behind that one! Great!

Nicholas Horton said...

Awesome.

Joanne Filiatreau said...

YES!!!

Josie Atkinson said...

I LOVE REP./LT. COL. ALLEN WEST!!

David Crow said...

Got my vote!